Wednesday, December 9, 2009

President awards Kashmiri inventor, researcher

TAHIR SYEED
New Delhi Nov 19: President of India, Pratiba Patel today awarded two young Kashmiri boys – a researcher and an innovator – at the fifth National Grassroots Innovation Award Function. The function was organized by National Innovation Foundation of India in collaboration with IIM (A) and Department of Science and Technology, Government of India. Sheikh Fayaz Ahmad, a young Kashmiri researcher hailing from Halmatpora Kupwara in north Kashmir and Mushtaq Ahmad Dar of Dooru, Islamabad in south Kashmir, who has invented a Tree Climber and Walnut Cracking Machine were honored with trophies, merit certificates and cheques. Patel while congratulating the award winners said, “I am impressed with their exhibits and their work.” Fayaz told Greater Kashmir: “I am very excited that I was honored today. But I am a little disappointed that my state sans an ecosystem of innovations” “I am meeting Dr A P J Abdul Kalam on 29th of this month and I am sure he will suggest us how this ‘ecosystem of innovations’ can be generated in Kashmir Valley,” he said. Dr. R. A. Mashelkar, Chairperson NIF, Dr. T. Ramasami, Secretary DST, Government of India, Prof. Anil K Gupta Executive Vice chair NIF and Prof. T. N. Prakash were present at the function

No comments:

Post a Comment